The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is the leading organization working with migrants and governments in providing humane responses to migration challenges (www.iom.int). As of June 2013, IOM has 151 Member States and employs more than 7,800 staff in 470 field locations worldwide. IOM has the skills, experience, resources, migration management know-how and global presence necessary to provide tailored solutions to governments and migrants worldwide, by providing immigration and visa support services, including: 1) country of origin information; 2) general facilitation and liaison; 3) logistical assistance; 4) visa application centre operations; 5) interview facilitation; 6) health services; 7) DNA services; 8) biometrics services; 9) document verification; 10) travel assistance; 12) web-based visa appointment and visa issuance systems; 13) cultural and pre-departure orientation.
IOM offers a package of services which can be selected as a whole or as stand alone services. These can be provided on a government funded project basis or funded by visa applicants and visa recipients on a service-for-fee basis. Service partnership agreements with IOM may be negotiated bi-laterally between IOM Missions and the immigration and consular offices of diplomatic missions or at the regional or global level. IOM cooperates closely with governments at all times, to ensure that service objectives are met on time and within the budget, with a focus on service, integrity and confidentiality.
PRE-CONSULAR SUPPORT TO MOLDOVAN APPLICANTS FOR TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISAS, PERMITS, AND TRAVEL DOCUMENTS TO CANADA
IOM Chisinau facilitates the submission of applications for Canadian temporary residence visas and permits, and permanent resident travel documents by performing pre-consular services through the Canadian Visa Application Centre.
Visa Application Centre Operation includes the following key activities:
• Distribute information on relevant requirements as published by the Embassy, including application forms, fees and methods of payment, civic and web site addresses of the Embassy etc.
• Receive completed application forms, supporting documents, passports and proof of payment of the Canadian visa/permit/travel document application processing fees;
• Review received documents for completeness and inform clients of documentary or other requirements that appear to be lacking;
• Forward in sealed packages all the applications, proof of fee payment and all additional supporting documents submitted by the client directly to the Embassy;
• Return sealed packages containing the final decision to the clients.
Recording and tracking
• Maintain records of all applications and associated proof of fee payment and records of passport movement, in a form and manner approved by the Embassy and in accordance with the Local Operating Procedures.
ADMINISTRATIVE AND LOGISTICAL SUPPORT SERVICES FOR THE QUEBEC IMMIGRATION PROMOTION AND RECRUITMENT CAMPAIGN (IPRC) IN MOLDOVA
IOM Chisinau provides administrative and logistical support to the Quebec Immigration Promotion & Recruitment Campaign (IPRC) for an efficient and cost effective information campaign (announcements, releases, promotion materials etc) as well as facilitate for organizing press conferences and information sessions in Moldova.
General facilitation includes the following key activities:
• Organize Informational Promotion & Recruitment seminars targeting specific groups identified by Quebec IPRC in Moldova;
• Make all logistical arrangements for the seminars and provide support staff needed for smooth running of the events;
• Organize press-conferences for local mass-media representatives;
• Produce and distribute promotional materials;
• Develop advertisements/announcements in coordination with Quebec IPRC and place these in relevant media in Moldova.
The assistance is meant to reduce the anxiety many migrants experience when travelling abroad for the first time. This is the provision of information on air travel; on-site ticketing assistance at reduced rates (IOM has signed global and local agreements with airline companies for the transport of the significant number of migrants it assists); advance notification to sponsors of travel details; assistance in completing required departure and arrival documentation (immigration and customs); assistance with airport check-in; escorting through customs and immigration; airport transit and arrival assistance in some countries.
The assistance may also include arranging dedicated escort during the journey to facilitate the air travel for disabled or inexperienced persons.
IOM Chisinau offers one-way tickets at special reduced fares for migrants heading to Canada, USA, and Australia. This program aims to provide transportation assistance to immigrant visa holders and temporary students/workers with long-term visas valid for more than 1 year. Note our services can be used only once.
For the updated prices and the air carriers requirements please contact us via email:
or telephone: + 373 22 232 515.
Migration Health Assessments consist of an evaluation of the physical and mental health status of visa applicants and visa recipients, made either prior to departure or upon arrival, for the purpose of resettlement, international employment, enrolment in specific migrant assistance programs, or for obtaining a temporary or permanent visas. Such assessments are tailored to the requirements of the government partner and ensure that the migration process does not endanger the health of the applicant or the host population. At the same time, applicants benefit from the health assessment by becoming more aware of their own personal health conditions and by being empowered to take preventative or curative actions.
The list of services follows requirements of receiving countries and typically includes a detailed physical examination, clinical or laboratory investigations, immunization history review and preparation of required immigration health forms and documents, etc. IOM can also provide medical escorts on flights as needed.
IOM Chisinau has been authorized to carry out health assessments of persons traveling (either permanently or temporarily) to the USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
Health assessments include the following key activities:
Client registration and identification
• Schedule and organize appointments for the health assessments;
• Confirm identity of the applicants and register in the specially dedicated databases;
• Provide health assessments according to the technical and public health requirements of the receiving countries;
• Give instructions to applicants regarding physical examinations, follow-ups and further requirements (treatment);
Control and handling
• Dispatch by mail, register on-line or hand out finalized medical files as appropriate;
• Assure that the fees for the health assessments and for any additional tests are fully paid and properly registered;