Versiunea romana a paginii este in proces de actualizare.
The purpose of TB screening is to detect the presence of active pulmonary TB amongst those who wish to apply to travel to the UK. It involves the pre-departure testing of tuberculosis for individuals who intend to apply for a UK visa for longer than six (6) months. However, the UK immigration authorities may, on occasion, require screening of others seeking permission to travel to the UK.
The UK Government designated the Migration Health Department (MHD) of the International Organization for Migration (IOM) to conduct the screening of applicants and issuance of certificates according to the UK Department of Health Protocol.
Screening of applicants will be carried out by Panel Physicians who have been appointed by the UK authorities.
All applicants must bring the following to the medical examination:
• Valid national passport for identification;
• Medical certificates, clinical reports, hospital discharge papers relevant to any pulmonary problems past and present;
• Applicants must give their consent to IOM to conduct the TB test by signing a Consent Form.
The screening process includes the following:
• a symptom screen
• any history of recent contact with a case of active pulmonary TB
• a physical examination if considered necessary by the Physician
• chest x-ray (CXR).
• Attendance is by appointment.
It is advisable for applicants to perform the TB test at least 10 weeks prior to their application because if chest x-ray findings are suggestive of pulmonary tuberculosis, they will be referred to Sputum Smears/Culture tests (6-8 weeks).
The Certificates will be issued on the same day to the applicants whose results are negative. If results are positive, the applicant will be referred for treatment for a period of at least 6 months.
The screening fee must be paid on the day of health assessment, in local currency (MDL) at the IOM designated bank.
To book an appointment please contact IOM Chisinau Medical Unit at:
Tel.: +373 22 233 188; e-mail: