Versiunea romana a paginii este in proces de actualizare.
All immigrant and refugee applicants must have a physical examination and mental status assessment as a part of their application process. The purpose of the migration health assessment is to determine if medical conditions or mental disorders exist that would make the applicant inadmissible: a) need to be followed up after resettlement, b) require the applicant to receive long-term institutionalization or maintenance income provided by the U.S. government after resettlement that is to become a public charge.
The process by which applicants are evaluated and classified includes the following components:
• Chest x-ray for all persons 15 and over;
• Blood test result: Syphilis test for all persons 15 years and over,
• Immunization assessment;
• Physical Examination.
All applicants must bring the following to the medical examination:
• Valid passport for identification or a national Identity Document;
• 5 photos 3,5/4,5;
• Immunization record;
• Prescription eyeglasses (if applicable).
• Medical certificates, clinical reports, hospital discharge papers relevant to any medical problems past and present.
• Dr. Eugenia Ciubotaru
• Dr. Stela Oprea
• Dr. Natalia Antonova
After medical examination the medical files are checked, scanned, sealed and handed out to the applicants to be lodged in person at the US Embassy in Chisinau for review and completion.
The screening fee must be paid on the day of health assessment, in local currency (MDL) at the IOM designated bank.
To book an appointment, please contact IOM Chisinau Medical Unit at:
Tel.: +373 22 233 188; e-mail: